Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Woe is Me! Well is You?

Dad told me last night that Charlie is having a helluva hard time with Horsefly. Horsefly will be 46 years old in just a few days. Charlie will throw a big extravaganza for him as he usually does. Every birthday is a miracle as far as Horsefly is concerned.

"He's having a problem with incontinence," dad said. "He's been having to wear adult diapers."

"Don't you dare tell Charlie I told you that though," my father further told me with a mean looking eye pointed my way. "He is very touchy about the subject and doesn't even like it when I ask about it."

Crazy Me Normal You...

I am not feeling well myself today. I feel all out of sorts, scatterbrained, and jittery.  It's amazing I can even write this. This would normally be one of my quiet days. Dad's at work or I would take my medications and that certainly would help. I am having the classic symptoms of mental illness. I did have seven pills of my medication regimen and lets hope they help as well. I just took them with a large glass of ice water.

Blessings Bestowed Upon Us...

Yay, the mower stopped!!! I can think now!!!

Maggie and I were sound asleep a moment ago, but my neighbor decided to get the lawn mowed with the loudest possible lawn mower you could purchase.  I was proud for her, though, as she has the hardest time keeping her lawn cleaned and mowed. She just doesn't have the money to pay for it.

George has been leaving at 6 AM every morning for the Waffle House. I hear his car crank up about that time every morning. He will go back around noon for lunch. Pork chops. Yesterday, I could hear the loud cracks of beer cans opening all afternoon as he sat on his carport and drank the champagne of beers.

Grocery Day Idiosyncracies...

I know my neighbors must think I am crazy. Every grocery night, I back up my car up to the front door to unload my groceries out of the rear hatch on my Honda. It often stays out there until midday the next day until I remember to move it back to my driveway.

"Gladys? Just what is he doing every Monday night?"

1 comment:

Summer said...

LOL @ Gladys! Your neighborhood has large lawns for sure. It would be a daunting task to have to take care of one.