Saturday, July 29, 2017

Good Folks...

Score 1 for Andrew

Score 0 for Social Anxiety/Social Phobias

Well, I made it there and back. It was easier to get there by the interstate according to my trusty internet map program. It took 10 miles to drive there for which I was relieved. I only had to drive on that crazy Hwy. 29 for a few miles.

Rich and his wife, Tuleana, both had severe cabin fever so we got out and about the town. I can't imagine not having a car. I drove us up to Pizza Hut and we had pizzas and Pepsi, my treat. I ate a whole large supreme pizza to myself I was so hungry. They are both just good people fallen on hard-times and I think I have found two new friends. I told Rich that I was a goof ball but I am a loyal and caring friend. He seemed to appreciate that. He assured me he was a bigger goof ball than I. I laughed.

Old fuss and feathers (my father) really worried about me, though. He worries I am naive of the world and will be taken advantage of by poor people like that. If he only knew me during my hard drinkin' Piggly Wiggly gang days. He underestimates my street smarts. He gave me a long lecture over the phone earlier after I had arrived home all the while he was working in his yard huffing and puffing.

"How do you know they are not crackheads?" my father asked. "There is a reason why they don't have a car."

"Crackheads wouldn't have a nice wide screen television in their den," I exasperatedly told my father.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I'm glad you did it...good for you...I'm sure you'll know if things aren't good and put a stop to it. Does your father think everyone who's not rich a crack head! I'm glad your thinking is more rational.