Friday, July 07, 2017

So Very Bittersweet...


So, in the next week or so I will get my mother's Honda Civic as part of my inheritance from her. Dad's just got to get the paperwork sorted and the title and tag in my name. There is also some serious procrastination and nostalgia going on.  It is a great little car with only 38,000 miles on the clock and garage kept. I am anxious to get the car but it is a bittersweet feeling as well. I would rather have my mother back and to drive my CR-V another ten years.

2 comments:

Rita said...

This just brought tears to my eyes. Yes, it is hard to lose a mother. I am sure that you think of her several times a day. You will always miss her. It is great that you have her car.

My mother died when I was a child. I still always miss her sweet spirit.

When I was still teaching, one of my students lost his mother to cancer. It was one of the hardest things for me. I never met her, but I sure cried many tears for her son.

Christina said...

She loved you so much. I am sure she is happy for you to have it. Just make sure to do her proud with regular oil changes!