Friday, July 21, 2017

Close Encounters of the George Kind...

It was kind of early in the day for George to be so drunk. I was opening my fence to get the car out when he asked me from his carport what I was doing. He sounded like he had marbles in his mouth and it took several tries to enunciate his sentences.

"I am headed to the Piggly Wiggly to buy some milk," I told him. "Do you need anything?"

"Oh no!" George said slurring his words. "I am going to stay at home today."

That statement made me grin as I didn't ask him to go with me.

"Okay," I then said. "You have a good day George."

"What is it with all these temptations to drink lately?" I asked myself.

George stumbled on his feet a little bit and plopped back down on one of the wrought iron chairs I had given him.

It is refreshing to step into the Piggly Wiggly to do some shopping. The store is so cool, clean and brightly lit. That $24 dollars I had in my wallet is quickly disappearing. Especially after that trip to the Waffle House yesterday.

2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I do not think of it as temptation. I see it as more akin to you wanting a non-relative friend to hang around with. I would strongly consider trying to have more of a friendship with George. You do not have to drink ( you could drink soda while he drinks beer).

I think you are missing having a friend who is not your father or Charlie, both of whom are family and caretakers of a sort for you. You need a fellow who is just a friend, who is on equal footing as you.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco

amelia said...

For once, I don't agree with Pipe. I think it would be a HUGE temptation so sit with someone who is drinking!
Don't do it!