Sunday, July 09, 2017

The Paramount Papa...


"Come over and get your medications," my father told me this morning. "I won't be home until about midnight tonight."

"Is Charlie bringing supper?" I asked warily. "Can he bring the medications?"

I would be hurting mentally and possibly physically by tomorrow afternoon with the current arrangement. I would probably be a miserable old pus of a human being.

"I didn't think about that. Good idea!" dad said. "I will call Charlie and see if he can bring him. And yes, he's bringing you a KFC meal with lots of soft drinks."

"Come over anyway because we need to put your new car tag on and put your proof of insurance and registration in your glove box."

Moments earlier Maggie caught a vine snake and brought it inside for my approval. It was a feisty little snake and bit my arm several times as I wrestled it out of Maggie's mouth. Out the front door, it went. "I guess you didn't like your treat and gift," was Maggie's look and demeanor.

No comments: