Sunday, July 23, 2017

Criminal Minds...


I clean up for Charlie so he won't have to do it for me, and my father and Charlie were on the way with medications and supper. I was hurriedly carrying my trash across the yard to put it in the bin by the road when George walked out to talk to me.

"Well, they got your car and then they got me last night. Sons a bitches!" George told me drunkenly. "They stole eighteen beers off my porch sometime last night. When I went to eat breakfast at six this morning they were gone."

George's face was beet red from his exertions.

I told George I would call the police and get them to step up patrols. That seemed to placate him somewhat. I got online to get the police department's phone number. The nice lady on the phone assured me there would be a patrol car passing about every hour tonight through the neighborhood.

"I can't believe you used the phone to actually call the police," my father told me over the phone. "That took a lot of chutzpah for you to do considering your phone phobias."

"Necessity can sometimes be a big motivator," I told my father. "I am like George. I am tired of all that shit."

No comments: