Sunday, July 23, 2017

Comment Replies...

Blogger Jane said...
Maybe you need a dose of that medicine in the morning and evenings so that you don't have those few hours each day where you feel so bad?

Blogger glittermom said...
What would happen if you took your meds early every day? If your fathers working you could go to the pharmacy and pick them up...at least you'd be on a regulated schedule...

Andrew Replies...

Yes! Yes! Yes! You all have excellent and right ideas. They are actually prescribed to be taken three times a day with different dosages and medications at breakfast, lunch, and supper. I would love just to be able to take them in the morning and enjoy the mental benefits all day long and not late in the evening before I go to bed. I fear by the time I've woken up, the benefits have waned overnight. I've been telling my father for years that taking my medications in the morning would be optimal for me. He usually just scoffs.

One of my biggest drawbacks to making this come to fruition is that I take Klonopin -- a highly addictive medication along with the lines of Xanax and Valium. If you take a handful of this medication then you will feel quite a mental buzz and then sleep all day. I take it because it subdues my anxiety and my anxiety attacks I get occasionally. My father is afraid I will abuse this medication without oversight from him.

2 comments:

skinny minny said...

medications need to be taken as prescribed especially the time release ones which most drugs for mental illnesses are. I really wish your father would help you arrange things so you can take your meds as prescribed instead of how he deems.

glittermom said...

It's always to your fathers convience not for your benefit...a shame.