Sunday, July 16, 2017

Crazy Kitties...

It was almost 11 PM. I was just knocking on dad's back door when his cat playfully tried to attack my leg.

"Stop that you little shit," I told it. "NO!"

It attacked me some more anyway.

"I'm the boss around here!" she seemed to be imparting to me.

It took my father forever to come to the door. I was almost leaving when I heard dad unlock the door. He still hadn't woken up for the day. I felt terrible.

"Let me let you go back to bed," I told him.

"How many times have I woken you up over the years late with your medications?" he told me chuckling. "Come inside."

Dad's cat shot through the back door like birdshot out of a shotgun. She was hungry. I could hear her crunching on her "nibbles" as dad and I sat down in his den.

"Did Charlie bring you breakfast?" dad asked.

"He was very late this morning but he brought Maggie and me bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits," I told my father. "I answered the door in my underwear and Charlie got to laughing."

As I was leaving, dad told me to take the cooler full of Cokes and Sprites home with me that was out on the back deck. Well, that just thrilled me to death. There must have been 30 drinks in that cooler that are now safely in my fridge. It was like it was Christmas in July.

No comments: