Friday, July 07, 2017

Music to My Ears...

"I won't be so late getting over there this evening," my father told me over the phone.

That was music to my ears although it is already after 7:30 PM Georgia time. The most best-laid plans can go awry as you probably know.

A nice day these days for me is when my medications work on the under level giving me a nice normal day. Take today for example. I didn't have any withdrawal and my thoughts were bright and clear. My most pressing problem today was trying to get a gallon of milk for my beloved cereal. Dad warned me that my account was almost empty or I would head to the Piggly Wiggly.

"I'll pick you up a gallon of milk on my way to your house," my father told me graciously.

Yes, that is nice. Very nice indeed.

Today, I Learned That Water is Wet...

Earlier in the day, we had some whopper thunderstorms blow over. One bolt of lightning sounded like it hit the house it was so close. It even made me, the weathered weather watcher, jump in my chair. Maggie? They don't even faze her. I guess I am lucky as I saw several Facebook posts to think of our little wee ones when it concerns fireworks and the 4th of July.

No comments: