Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Honey? Let's Make a Concerted Effort to Sleep Until 1 PM...


Maggie and I both slept until 1 PM today and what a wonderful sleep it was. We both needed it after our early morning yesterday. Maggie slept with her back against my chest and our breathing would become synchronous. My dear departed grandmother would have just had a fit and died. "You let that dog sleep with you?" She didn't believe in cats and dogs in the house (but she believed in Noah's Ark). Memaw cooked the best macaroni and cheese so I never told her not to believe in old wive's tales such as that. Maggie is just one of the family with all intents and privileges within.

Lotsa Crooks Around Here Lately...

Did I tell you how much that shoplifting fellow affected me the other day? Boy, was the adrenaline pumping and flowing. It was a true fight or flight moment for me. I realized in hindsight I should have run out there and got his license plate number for my friends at Fred's. I could've just wrote it on my hand with the pen in my pocket. Everything just happened so fast. Imagine my and Maggie's adrenaline levels when someone outside your window answers his ringing cellphone and says he can't talk right now. Holy SHIT!

Ye Olde Puff and Stuff...

It is rather sad when you try to call your father and he doesn't answer his phone anymore. It happens a lot lately. I will call and get dumped into his voicemail. He never goes without his phone. He thinks I want something out of him or that I need something like my medications. If my sister were to call, he would immediately answer with "Hey darling." I would be lying if I didn't say it hurts my feelings. Doesn't he remember I am so reliant on him for so many things? And not by choice? There ends my sanguine moment...

No comments: