Thursday, July 13, 2017

As Smooth As Silk...

That's how today's injection went!

My father forgot it was injection time until I pulled up in front of the pharmacy this morning.

"What are you doing?" he asked when I walked into the pharmacy.

He was completely elated and gave me a big bear hug and tons of kudos and accolades for remembering my injection like a big boy should do. I keep having to remind my father that I am a 45-year-old man. I can handle my own business quite well thank you.

"Andrew, you can come on back," My nurse Rebecca then told me as soon as I sat down in Kamath Medical's lobby.

Rebecca and I talked about the dangers of over the counter drugs as she prepared my injection. She is currently addicted to Afrin nasal spray after having a bad cold. I told her of the time I got addicted to Benadryl. When I quit, it was the worst withdrawal I had ever experienced. It was gut-wrenchingly awful.

There was a slight pricking sensation in me right bum and then I was headed back to the pharmacy to drop off the next appointment card. I couldn't leave without talking shop about Auburn football, though. Dee Dee was all excited about our new Heisman eligible and contender quarterback.

Matt, the pharmacy's computer guru, asked me about emulation. He was the one that ordered all those game controllers for my birthday back in April. I told him I had a hard drive that was failing and I drastically needed a new one. Matt told me to talk to my father about it and he would order it when he got a greenlight to go.

No comments: