Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Meandering Little Tempests...

We've had some good turbulent thunderstorms this morning. One thunderstorm would rain itself out and another one would pop up in its place. Well, that just thrills me to death. I tried to get a video of the thunder, rain, and skies, but it didn't turn out very well. We will try again later in the afternoon as I do believe we will have more storms.

My neighbor George has become accustomed again to sitting on his carport these days drinking his Miller Highlife. It increases the chances of us talking exponentially. Every time I go out to my car, I get caught by George. I don't see how he can sit outside in this heat for so long.

"Hey Fella!" he will say to me.

"Do you still use that iPad I gave to you?" I asked George today.

"The battery won't hold a charge and the wireless signal is too weak," George replied to me.

The signal is my fault for moving my wireless router into the computer room on the other end of my house.  Also, that is typical for a battery in a 1st generation iPad. That iPad had got to be pushing 5 years gone.

Let's Build Some Wealth...

"Dad?" I asked my father this afternoon. "Put aside $50 dollars out of my monthly allotments so I will have some computer part purchasing power come this Christmas. With your $250 you give me then that will give me almost $500 dollars to spend this Christmas."

"We'll talk about tonight when I bring your medications," he told me and abruptly got off the phone.

I thought it was a rather reasonable request.

This going to be a computer audio-themed Christmas. I am getting two sets of 200-watt speakers and two Soundblaster sound cards.

1 comment:

diana said...

And why isn't your music backed up she asks??
I have a metric tonne of music too and had not backed mine up, although Apple hard drives rarely fail I began to worry about mine. I bought a Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 for 100$ on Amazon. Now my music is safely backed up and I can move it from machine to machine and even carry it to work. :-)