Saturday, July 29, 2017

The Trial Run...

Mrs. Maggie decided that 10:30 AM was a good wake up time. I woke up with her whining next to the bed and she also scratched my arm. She was hungry and lonely. I warmed up some pastries in the microwave and that was breakfast. Maggie got a cheese danish and I got the apple. I've got to remember to get up some eggs on my foray out of the house today. I want my grand breakfast in the morning. Strike that. Charlie is coming with biscuits in the morning. I forgot it is Saturday.

Today, around 3 PM to 4 PM, I am driving down to Rich's mobile home on a trial run to see if I can get there. He lives on county road 388 just off of Hwy. 29. It is a pretty good drive, but I have a full tank of gas which is reassuring (might need to skedaddle out of there). My social phobias are screaming for relent at this point, but I am going to give it a good college try. They act like they are just absolutely desperate and starved for visitors and a friend. From what I've read so far, they seem to live in abject and destitute poverty.-- living solely on the meager disability income of Rich's wife.

Rich's wife just texted me asking me if I am up and still coming. I wrote back wanting to know the number of their mobile home. I also wanted to know where we are going Tuesday which seems so paramount.

If I told my father I was doing this, he would be screaming bloody murder! "What if they are crack heads or drug fiends?" I don't think they could afford it. I wonder what will happen if he comes over today and I am not at home? He's going to be immediately worried. He will also search my home looking for malfeasance such as empty beer cans.

1 comment:

Kran's Crackers said...

You never know until you give it a try. Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone is never easy, but...who knows, maybe this will help you get rid of your social anxiety? It's worth making the effort. You've come such a long way, I have a feeling you can do whatever you set your mind to.
- Sharon -