Monday, July 17, 2017

Neater, Cleaner, Quieter...


If dad is going to let me go on my own now, then I am going back to the Piggly Wiggly. They have a much neater, nicer and much cleaner store than Kroger. The main thing is that they had everything I needed which was refreshing. I finally got my first Edwards lemon meringue pie in months. I also got a big can of Poss' Brunswick stew which Kroger doesn't carry. It was also nice not having to unload my groceries under the cover of darkness as well. Dusk had just started when I arrived home and unloaded my groceries.

You know what? I missed having my father along anyways. We've always had our best talks and best bonding moments shopping for groceries up at Kroger. I know it is strange, but we get stuck in old ways, habits, and old customs.

Not Always the Prodigal One...

Dad was driving back up the interstate from Auburn when he called me a moment ago.

"How did you do?" he asked. "I was worried about you all evening."

"I did fine," I told him, "but I missed you."

"How much did you spend?" he then asked me.

"I stayed under seventy dollars," I told him proudly.

I started regurgitating what the Piggly Wiggly had that Kroger didn't.

"Maggie's also having some Vienna sausages at the moment," I told my father and he laughed.

3 comments:

skinny minny said...

YIPPEE!!!!

Summer said...

Awesome sauce!

amelia said...

That's wonderful that you went alone!