Monday, July 31, 2017

Feeling Taxed Already...

Tomorrow is the big day. Just the thought of organizing all of this is mind boggling. I take my new found friends on a trip of mercy and sustenance. Tuleana has asked me a hundred times if I am going to be able to make it. It is very, very important to them.

"Be sure to set your alarm clock today," she told me earlier on the phone. "Remember! We leave at eight!"

I about can't understand what she is saying over the phone which bumfuzzles my phone phobias -- some kind of strange Southern brogue and she talks a mile a minute.

The leaving time is 9 AM my time as they are on central time. That gives me an extra hour to sleep in the morning. Lord, I slept until 11:30 AM this morning. My mind was racing again last night which delayed sleepy time. I had to get in my recliner in the den and unwind while I watched traffic pass by on the main road. That always settles me down.

We have to run by Charter bank to get some money. Then, I have to take Tuleana to Greene's Super Drugs to get her prescriptions filled. She says she has to get her "nerve" pills and insulin pens. Then, we go to Kroger so my friends can buy their groceries. Hopefully, I can then take them home and then head that way my self.

"You're going to get yourself messed up mentally," my father told me this morning. "You can't take all that social stuff! And what if these people have drugs on them when they are in your car? The police could seize your car!"

I blew off old fuss and feathers. They can't afford drugs.

It is going to be taxing, but I think I can do it. I want to pay back some of the blessings I've received in my life and they need my help badly. Extra gracious miles and beyond as I like to say.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

When they ask you for a favor ,if you don't feel up to it tell them you can't...they should understand, if not they are not truly a friend...don't put yourself in a position if you can't handle it...you don't want to end up with a panic attack driving..good luck tomorrow...

skinny minny said...

I have always liked the fact that you are so grateful for all you have and everyone who helps you AND that you are kind and generous yourself and want to give back.
Just be careful and don't try to do too much.