Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Willy Nilly...

"Now, you've got to stick to a night to go buy your groceries like Monday night," my father told me this morning as he stopped by on the way to work. "You can't just go willy nilly. There's got to be some order to all of this."

Dad also wanted my receipt from last night to see what I bought and to keep for Social Security.

"You got a lot of food for the money," he told me appreciatively.

I told him to go look at my kitchen counters.

"I asked the cashier when they stocked the shelves at the Piggly Wiggly last night and they stock overnight Saturday and Sunday nights," I told my father. "That's why I want to go on Monday nights."

Kroger stocks on Mondays nights overnight. That's why they never have anything when we do our shopping there on our traditional Mondays. They are about out of everything and it was the only good night for my father to go with me.

Dad wanted me to start pulling my car inside the fence after my incident early this morning, but I told him it would be too much trouble.

"I'd have to keep Maggie in the fence by locking the dog door for the procedure and it would be such a hassle. I would worry about her getting out of the fence."

"I bet they wouldn't go in your car again with Maggie to greet them," my father aptly said.

I did chuckle when I told my father that my phone ringing would be just what would happen to me if I were an interloper, too. I'd make a terrible crook.

Dad left and I went back to bed and slept until 2 PM this afternoon. I was pooped out after what had happened last night.


No comments: