Friday, July 28, 2017

Excitement Superbly Ensues...

I took those two Papa provided Klonopin last night and was asleep at midnight sleeping like a baby with the Magster breathing rhythmically under my arm. I woke up this morning at 9 AM so very thankful for a good night's sleep. This most likely means I will stay on a normal sleep schedule despite sleeping all day yesterday. I bet my eyes will be burning from lack of sleep come about midnight tonight when I crawl into the bed once again.

I scrambled the last of my jumbo eggs this morning. I burned the toast accidentally not paying attention to my toaster oven. I smelled burning bread and it was too late to save them. There went in two more buttery slices and I got it right this time.

"I should have cooked yeast biscuits this morning," I said to myself as I sat down to eat in the kitchen.

Dad's got me on these yeast biscuits that you buy frozen and they taste just like homemade when you cook them in the oven. Tasty! Hindsight is always 20/20. I will be having bacon, yeast biscuits, and strawberry preserves for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Maggie's eggs didn't last ten seconds on her plate. She scarfed them down as if she were starving. She had just had a big bowl of freeze dried turkey and venison an hour before.

"You didn't even taste it," I whined, dismayed at my faithful little friend.

Let it Rain! Let it Rain! I'm Doing My Rain Dance!

I am very, very excited this morning. A big shield of soaking rain is headed this way and it looks like it may hold together and rain for hours. I love it when the weather is interesting like it is this morning.

"Have you seen the radar?" I asked my father who is my cohort in weather obsession. "A big shield of rain is on the way. It is now entering Randolph county."

Dad said he was going to get on the computer and check the radar when we got off the phone.



1 comment:

glittermom said...

Did you get your rain. We haven't had a good summer storm for a long time.