Monday, July 24, 2017

I Abhor Knocks on the Door...

A few days ago, it was the Morman missionaries knocking loudly on my door. This sent me into a tizzy. Maggie found them as distasteful as did I and raised hell. I hunkered down behind my computer monitor until they headed back to the street to get on their bikes and peddled away.

This morning was another harbinger to loud knocks on the door. I looked out the window and sighed in relief when it was just Lopez and his yard crew.

"Pull your car out and I'll mow your backyard," he said in easy to decipher broken English.

In my haste, as I was backing out of the fence, I pulled a Martha (mom) and hit my right side mirror on the fence. I got out and looked at it to find it wasn't broken. I sighed again in relief.  This day was off to a very auspicious and convoluted start.

No comments: