Monday, July 17, 2017

Andrew Unleashed...


"If you have continuing education in Auburn," I asked my father over the phone. "Then who is going with me to do my grocery shopping? Charlie? Remember it is almost Monday night?"

"You're on your own," my father told me. "This is going to be your big test. Try to keep it under $75 dollars, okay? Don't let me down. I transferred some money into your account when I was at the bank today."

I was ecstatic. The day had finally arrived.

"Are you telling the truth?" I asked flabbergasted. "This is the first time I have bought my groceries without supervision in years!"

I could see me father grinning at my excitement in my mind's eye.

"I am already dressed for shopping and as soon as this rain lets up then I going to head to the Piggly Wiggly and get my groceries."

Dad told me to just be sure and keep my receipt. "Sir! Yes, Sir!"

No comments: