Sunday, July 02, 2017

Thanks Be to All the Charlies of the World...

Charlie left a moment ago after only staying for a few moments. Horsefly's biscuit was getting cold and I was Charlie's last delivery before heading home. I wanted to show him my bathroom sink which had started to drain poorly. I noticed it when I was shaving this morning and the past few mornings as well.

I also noticed I have bright red whiskers which is unsavory to me as far as growing a beard is concerned.

"I'll call Mike the plumber and get him out here to look at it tomorrow," Charlie told me.

"I heard you got an extra day off," I told Charlie with warm regards.

"Yes, the governor decided to make a July 3rd a state holiday as well," Charlie said with a furtive grin. "She's a sweetheart."

"What do you want for supper tonight?" he then asked me all business like.

"Would it be too much trouble to get me one of those $5 dollar hot and ready pizzas from Little Caesars this evening?"

"I think we could handle that," Charlie obliged. "I will run it by your Papa to make sure."

Bless his heart. Charlie got me two hash browns and a large orange juice. I was very pleased. I was also very hungry.  The end of the week equals lean times around here.


No comments: