Saturday, July 22, 2017

Shots in the Dark...

Just Call Me Chuck...

I called my father this afternoon just as he was about to lie down for a nap. He is really resting this weekend as my mother would call taking long naps. He actually answered the phone with me calling which startled me.

"What are you doing, Chuck?" he asked.

"I just woke up and panicked thinking I had missed yesterday's eclipse," I told him.

"The eclipse is in August and we are going to do our darndest to go see it," my father then said. "We're taking a road trip. We are also going by Falling Creek."

"That movie Dunkirk got stellar reviews," I told my father. "Christopher Nolan directed it."


Are you familiar with the incident called Dunkirk? The Germans had forced the British Army all the way back to the English Channel with nowhere to turn. The whole British nation mobilized to get them home before they were killed or captured by the Germans. Even the smallest rowboat was used to bring the troops home across the English Channel.

"We'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix," my father told me.

Dad was sounding awful sleepy so I decided I better let him go. I asked him the question that makes him not want to answer the phone when I call. I am just a pest it seems.

"Can we take my medications in an hour or two after you've had your nap?" I asked.

"Sure, Chuck. I'll call you when I wake up," my father surprisingly replied. "You can get your Cokes as well."

Is it so awful to ask? Is it that terrible? I know I shouldn't take them so early, but it sure does make my afternoon more pleasant. All dad has to do is walk out to his car to get my medications and bring them inside. The hardest part is making up my plastic sack of six colas for the day.

2 comments:

Jane said...

maybe you need a dose of that medicine in the morning and evenings so that you don't have those few hours each day where you feel so bad?

glittermom said...

What would happen if you took your meds early every day? If your fathers working you could go to the pharmacy and pick them up...at least you'd be on a regulated schedule...