Sunday, July 23, 2017

We're Not Building Igloos Here...


I pulled on some shorts and hurriedly headed to the front door after very loud knocking. Moments earlier I was in dreamland -- dreaming of model trains and locomotives.

"Charlie's here! Charlie's here!" Maggie seemed to be saying as she briskly ran in circles around the den and barked jubilantly. She was like a little hyperactive child on Christmas morning.

I opened the door to a downtrodden Charlie standing on my doorstep.

"I screwed up!" Charlie told me. "I let them put ice in your Coke."

I laughed a big hearty laugh.

"Charlie! I am just glad to get whatever you bring!" I told my very wonderful and special friend. "Sometimes ice is a good thing. I will enjoy it none the less."

Charlie wanted to see my new cell phone and I showed it to him.

"They seem to get bigger and bigger," he said. "You are really rating for your father to buy you an iPhone."

"What do you want for supper tonight?" Charlie then asked me.

"Just get me the chicken strips $5 dollar fill-up," I told him. "I want that chocolate chip cookie they put in those meals."

Selling My Car...

Time is quickly approaching to when my father hands me the keys to my mother's car. He got it washed and detailed last week. Now, we just have to get the paperwork in order.

I want to sell my car to get up the cash to build a new powerhouse computer. Kelly Blue Book says the value of my car is around $2500. I want to at least get $3500 for the car. I am going to ask my father if we could park it nearby the pharmacy with that amount on the windshield.  Maybe we will get a bite. Who knows?

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I thought your father said he was giving your car to your mothers friend she went for Mexican food with every week. I gues he changed his mind. I hope she doesn't think she's getting the car now.