Saturday, July 08, 2017

Emergency Rations...

What's in one package of an armed forces MRE -- Meals ready to eat. 

"Do you want your medications now or late tonight?" my father asked me over the phone this afternoon. "I'm going out to eat with your brother and Jennifer in a little while."

"I'd rather have them now than have them that late," I replied.

We've tried so hard to keep the medication ritual to around 9 PM, but life gets in the way sometimes. My father has to see me take the pills or I could've delayed taking them until 9 PM.

"I'm coming in," dad said as I looked out the window.

Dad even escaped the always alert Magdog. Maggie's getting old and she was conked out on the couch.

"It is damn good to see you," I told my father as I shook his hand as Maggie went absolutely bonkers.

"You look nice today," my father told me.

I had managed to do some laundry, take a shower, shave, and don some decent garb.

"Well, I wanted to surprise you and it worked," my father told me chuckling with a big grin on his face.

Even the ringing phone didn't manage to wake the dauntless Maggie.

No comments: