Monday, March 26, 2018

Breakfast By Charlie...

"I moved shit all day yesterday and I am sore as hell today," Charlie told me over Maggie's furtive whinings.

"Well, you are 73 years old and no spring chicken," I replied with a laugh.

"Here's you and Maggie some breakfast," Charlie said, handing me a drink and a sack of food.

It was more Burger King croissants and a Diet Coke from McDonald's. It will make a fine lunch since I had already cooked my and Maggie's four eggs and two strips of bacon.

"Janice was thrilled to death to be back online and to get her computer fixed," Charlie said. "Thank you so much. She spent hours on her iPad last night and swore you did something to make it faster."

"Well, I appreciate the TV as it makes my old one pale in comparison," I replied to Charlie.

"I'm headed to Dadeville," Charlie said of work. "I'll see you two again tonight or tomorrow. Love you."

I told Charlie I loved him as well and he was on his way. Maggie let loose a flurry of "don't go" barks as he walked across my front yard to his car.

I went and got back on my computer when there was another knock on the door. I looked outside and a plumber's truck was sitting at the curb. I walked into the den to open the door.

"You're obviously not a Shanika," the plumber said. "I must have the wrong address."

We both burst out in laughter and he was on his way again. Boy, did it get Maggie's knickers in a twist, though. She barked for a good thirty minutes after he left.

No comments: