Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Too Cold and Early For Noncranking Cars...

It is not rocket science.
I could hear George trying to futilely crank his car this morning. The first light of the day was on the horizon. George could see me through my kitchen window as I was making breakfast and had left the blinds open from yesterday. I heard that expected knock on the door. The temperature was a chilly 33° F.

"You get in the car, put it in neutral, and steer," I told George as I pushed and grunted as his car slowly rolled out from under his carport.

I was completely underdressed for this venture and was hurrying us along. I still had my pajama bottoms and some slippers on. I was stupid of me to forego dressing.

I then pulled my car aside his and hooked up the jumper cables. We easily got his Caravan cranked and running.

"Be sure to take it for a nice long drive," I told George to charge the battery.

George told me he was going to drive down the interstate and eat breakfast at the Opelika Waffle House. I told him that would be a good idea and would give his battery a good charge.

George gruffly offered me money, but I waved it off. That's just what good neighbors do. There will be a time I am sure I will need him as well and I told him so.

No comments: