Wednesday, March 21, 2018

We Need Spring to Step In and Take Over!

It is a cold blustery day here in the Southland. The wind has been just howling around my windows making this old house creak and moan. I needed a caffeine fix and drove over to my father's house to get two more Diet Cokes and I about froze to death. It took my car forever to warm up. It was getting warm as soon as I was pulling in my father's driveway.

We have frost warnings for the morning. Every time my lawn starts to get green, we get another frost and it kills it back. Things are looking up, though. Temperatures should be back into the seventies this weekend accompanied by more rain and storms.

Did I tell you about our storms the other night? I was feeling my nocturnal roots and stayed up to 2 AM to witness them arrive. They put on quite a light show with lots of thunder. Crash, bang, boom!

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

If I were able to be in 53 degree weather, I would probably wear a Hawian shirt and shorts! It is a helluva lot colder here. :)

PipeTobacco