Friday, March 16, 2018

Hah! I Beat Ya to the Punch Maggie!



I looked up from this computer and saw the meter reader in my neighbor's yard reading their water meter. I quickly jumped up, walked briskly into the kitchen, and locked the dog door in the laundry room. Maggie almost immediately knew something was up and started barking. I've got the house opened up today as it is so warm and beautiful so Maggie got out on the porch and went apeshit bananas as he opened up the fence to her yard. I noticed the meter reader was carrying an axe handle today. I am always worried Maggie will try to nip at his heels and he will hit her in the head or hurt her in some way.

Oh, Charlie? Why Dost Thou Forsake Me?

Charlie didn't show up until 9:30 last night. I had almost given up on him. I had the nods as I sat at this computer looking out the window for his arrival. It was way past my bedtime. Maggie had given up her vigil as well and gone to sleep on the bed. She gave Charlie one helluva show when he finally arrived, though.

"I lost track of the time moving furniture," Charlie told me sheepishly over the phone about 9:20. "I am headed your way."

At least I no longer have to wait for my medications when Charlie and my father are late. I had smoked my last cigarette 2 hours earlier, though, and was jonesing for my next fix.

Bed? This Weekend Maybe?

Charlie and I have to move the old bed and then move in the new bed. I am hoping we will get this done this weekend. Charlie has already given me a footstool hoping Maggie will use it to jump onto the bed.


No comments: