Sunday, March 11, 2018

Five Out of the Last Seven Sundays It Has Been Raining...

I woke at would have been six yesterday. Now it is seven -- seven in the morning and still dark outside. Ah, daylight savings time.

I turned up the heat from 72° F to 78° F as it was very chilly in Casa de Andrew this morning. It is also pouring rain and there is no telling what time Charlie will be here with biscuits this morning with the time change and the weather. I am guessing he will be here around 10:30 AM.

You may remember my bed broke a few months back.

"It was you and Maggie's big asses laid up in that bed that broke it," my father picked at me while laughing.

Maggie and I have been sleeping with the box springs and mattress on the floor which can get mighty chilly and you worry about critters crawling in the bed with you having a dog door and all.

"Charlies got a queen sized bed for you," my father told me last night. "When he will bring it, I do not know."

I wrung my hands in delight and great pleasure. My first thoughts were that I hope Maggie can jump up on the bed (not likely). It is going to take her weeks to adjust to this new acquisition. I guess I will be picking her up and putting her in the bed with me. I can't sleep without her with me. She will very vocally let me know when she needs to get down.

"Tell Charlie I said mucho thanks," I told my father. "We are going to have to get up the linens to fit such a large bed."

************************************************

I want a nice looking house filled with nice furniture
like Charlie and Papa
I might become a soothsayer if I believed in all that superstitious nonsense. Charlie arrived at exactly 10:30 AM. Charlie was completely undressed for this kind of weather. He had on his purple painting t-shirt, tan shorts, and some leather looking crocs.

"You're going to catch the death of you," I told him worriedly.

It is 55° F outside this morning. The water was just dripping off his bald head as he handed me our breakfast.

"Next week, just get me one biscuit instead of two," I told Charlie. "I am trying to stick to my diet."

"When do you want your bed?" Charlie then asked.

"Call me anytime and I will be over to help you load it on the truck and into the house," I replied. "It is not like my schedule is just filled with things to do."

1 comment:

amelia said...

Buy or make a set of steps for Maggie. When one of our cats had a rear leg amputation Scott made steps and ramps for her all over the house and she uses them all the time. Cover the steps or ramps with old carpeting so she doesn't feel unsteady.