Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Exalted Exalted Us...

"Now Andrew, I know you are on a diet so I didn't bring you something to eat," Charlie said. "But I did bring Maggie a small McDonald's cheeseburger."

I smiled the biggest smile as Charlie unwrapped the cheeseburger and gave it to Maggie. Maggie then hurriedly carried it into the computer room to eat it. Soon, she was back on the couch with Charlie looking very calm and complacent -- eating up the attention Charlie was giving her.

It was so good to see Charlie tonight. He brought me my two Diet Cokes and a pack of smokes. I don't want to sound maudlin, but Charlie just looked old and haggard to me this evening. His hair has finally turned grey and was all awry. He also looked like he has lost a lot of weight.

"Don't hesitate to call me for anything," Charlie said as he was leaving and carrying out my trash. "I love you and I am going to take care of you while your daddy's gone."

No comments: