Sunday, March 25, 2018

You're the Jester Of This Court...

Yesterday, Charlie called me and told me to meet him at his house in West Point. He wanted me to remove the television he was giving me off the den wall. It only took about ten minutes to remove the mount and the television was ready to go. I successfully installed the convoluted stand as well. Charlie then wanted me to wait on getting the Television as he wanted an extra TV if they needed one installing the cable at his new house yesterday. The logic of this escaped me, but I said okay.

Sunday, A Day Later...

"I need you to hook up Janice's computer printer, then we will get your new TV and bring it back to your house," Charlie told me during the Sunday morning biscuit ritual. "Janice will be home from church after noon and she needs to show you what she wants to be done."

Charlie left and I began to fret about the time. I am much like my mother in those regards. I want to know a set time and not all this nebulous waiting for a phone call. I called him back on his cellphone after he left my house.

"Somewhere between noon and two," Charlie told me. "Janice might go out to lunch with the church ladies."

I was in the middle of talking and Charlie says, "thank you Andrew" and hangs up on me. Well, that hurt my feelings deeply and also pissed me off. I am such a sensitive soul. Too sensitive!

Why can't things be simple like I come over and install the printer and drive home with my new TV on the back seat of my car? It will take me 5 minutes tops to install the printer. I can carry the television myself. I'd rather do without the television than have to go through all this rigamarole. I don't watch much television as it is. All of this just triggers my mental illness!

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Tell me about it! Everyone has their own agenda and we aren't on any of them!