Thursday, March 15, 2018

Rodent Carnivale...


I just got off the phone with the exterminators which is amazing considering my phone phobias. Tough times call for tough measures. I told the fellow that I needed some help with some completely unruly rats. He has been putting bait bags under the basement, but apparently, these rats use the dog door and don't go under the house.

"I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon," he told me. "We will put some bait bags under your kitchen counters."

I said a big thank you and we got off the phone.

Last night got off to an auspicious start. I was sitting in my recliner when I leaned back and a rat came shooting out from under the chair and scurried into the kitchen. Then they kept me up all last night with crashing noises in the kitchen, den, and bathroom. I feel bleary-eyed this afternoon. Maggie just ignores them which miffs me. If she saw a cat in the yard, then she would go nuts. I don't understand this ambivalence she has for these rats who are invading her home. Last night, there was a huge crash of pots and pans under the stove and Maggie just looked up and then went back to sleep.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I would just close up the doggie door and when Maggie wants out get uo and open the door to let her out. Better then letting all sorts of nefarious creatures in.