Thursday, March 01, 2018

George and the Wild, Wild Internet...

George knocked on my door this afternoon which surprised me. We seem to keep a comfortable distance these days. He had the iPad I had given to him in his hands. I opened the door and invited him inside.

"I can't get online anymore," George said frustrated and gruffly as he sat down on my couch. "It says connection not available."

I noticed George reeked of cigarettes and beer. I could almost get a buzz from his fumes. I inhaled deeply and wanted to ask George for a couple of beers so badly. If so, I might as well just put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

I turned the wireless networking off and then back on and my new wireless connection (Google OnHub) instantly showed up on the menu. I entered the password and George was back online.

"This new connection should be much faster and much stronger," I told George. "My new Google OnHub sports 13 high-performance wireless antennas."

"The battery is about gone on that iPad," George then told me. "It only lasts about 30 minutes. I keep it plugged up to use it."

I was just immeasurably surprised George was still using the thing or using it at all. He doesn't seem like the internet type.

It is a long shot, but I am going to ask for a new iPad from Walmart for my birthday in April. Hopefully, the prices have come down some over the years. I will give George my current iPad and let him trade up so to speak.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

That would be nice.