Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Wonderful, Glorious Sticky Glue!

Well, I got four rats with the glue traps last night. They were a resounding success! Every time I was almost back asleep I would catch another one, a very loud racket would ensue and I would have to get up and attend to the business at hand. I would have had five, but one wiggled out of the traps. I was catching them all behind the refrigerator -- one of their major thoroughfares. I feel like I haven't had a lick of sleep this morning -- all bleary eyed and tired. I kept wondering just how many are there? We're now set to get all the devious little bastards. I am hoping we are down to one -- the one that got away. I fear he/she is going to be gunshy of the traps from now on, though. They are quite intelligent and social little creatures. EDIT: I got the fifth one around noon. These glue traps really work!

5 comments:

amelia said...

I guess you don't mind losing another reader.

Me said...

@Amelia....Why because he doesn't want to live with rats or mice? Grow up.

glittermom said...

Glue traps are inhuman. Mice caught in them scream...better to find how they get in and correct that ...

diana said...

Glittermom is correct. If you don't stop how they are getting in they will only return.

skinny minny said...

you do need to find their way(s) of entry but in the mean time I am a firm believer in getting rid of them. they are disease spreading nasty little creatures and they attract snakes! a good preventative for them is Peppermint oil. I would put cotton balls with it along their pathway. and when you find possible entry way holes ( remember if their head fits the body will too) stuff them with steel wool and peppermint oil.
my success with glue traps in mostly not because they manage to get free of them. So I choose other traps when needed.