Monday, March 19, 2018

Phone Calls of Co-Battle Cries!

"Did you get any rats last night?" dad called me and asked me from work.

"We got two," I said excitedly. "They're nocturnal so hopefully things will heat up again after nightfall."

"That's good to hear!" my father replied. "They were about to drive you and Maggie crazy."

I told my father thank you for the traps and peanut butter.

"We had a problem with your birthday order," my father then told me.

This didn't bode well.

"They were out of stock on your memory card," he told me.

"Can I get the next size up? The 128 GB model?" I asked.

"How much is that going to cost?" my father then warily asked in return.

"Just $36 dollars," I replied. "I was looking at it today thinking I should've spent the money and got that size."

My father said whew and that he thought I was going to tell him it was a $100 dollars.

"Send Matt an email and we will get it ordered," my father told me.

As I was talking on the phone, I heard the rattrap SNAP! again.

"I think we got another," I told my father abruptly.

"Go look and see!" dad exclaimed excitedly.

I opened the kitchen cabinet door and yes, we had gotten one more. That makes three total since last night.

No comments: