Saturday, March 17, 2018

Home Bound...

Charlie stopped by the house this morning with a Burger King breakfast. Maggie and I each had a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant. I also got a large McDonald's Diet Coke which I absolutely relished. The reason Charlie buys the large Coke from McDonald's is it is only .99 cents.

"Your father is in Biloxi, Mississippi on the Gulf Coast," Charlie said. "He should be home tonight. They were just pulling into a gas station when I called. He also asked me to look at your medication blister pack."

The long arm of Old Fuss and Feathers.

"Hurricane Katrina about got Biloxi," I told Charlie. "I am glad to hear it is still on the map."

I then got on my kitchen computer while Charlie was gathering my trash in the same room.

"They are 309 miles from home. Almost 4 hours and 17 minutes," I told him. "They've still got quite a ways to go."

Charlie stopped for a minute to look at the map on the computer screen and remarked how close to the ocean they are.

"Right on the ocean," I replied. "I bet they can see the Gulf from the gas station."


No comments: