Monday, March 05, 2018

Cooking is the Name of the Game...

baked chicken and wild rice
I am sticking to my diet so far. Tonight's journal writing sodas were two Diet Mountain Dews instead of the sugary variety. I am drinking one while I write this and they are not bad at all. I could get used to drinking them.

"Why don't you try some of those Lean Cuisine meals," my father told me brainstorming as we browsed the frozen food aisle.

"I've tried them before," I replied. "And the portions are meager leaving me hungry for more."

"They taste great, though," I added positively.

I decided I was just going to have to cook my meals and be culinarily creative. My father didn't like me saying that at all. He says my kitchen will be a mess and I won't wash my pots and pans. Oh, ye of little faith.

"You'll get bugs!" he caustically and cautiously told me.

We are going to be having meals like baked chicken and wild rice and light tuna and chicken salad sandwiches. I am going to cook mom's chicken spaghetti one evening and her mushrooms and chicken as well. Modest portions of chicken are going to be the name of the game.

I am lamenting the fact that I couldn't buy many of my usual breakfast foods. It was a major source of the calories I intake every day. I will just have some cottage cheese, buttered toast and a glass of milk in the mornings to suffice. I also bought some bagels and cream cheese.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Eating 2 eggs minus the cheese is not high in calories and the protein will keep you feeling fuller longer. Try to skip the bread.