Saturday, March 17, 2018

Redemption...

Boy, Charlie really surprised the Magster and me yesterday afternoon. He showed up at 5:30 PM which just thrilled me for his first act. I was expecting him around 7:30 to 8:00 PM.

"TGIF!" was the first thing a smiling Charlie said as he got out of his car.

I walked out to look at the big dent Charlie put in his driver's side door hitting the drive thru pole at Chick-fil-A earlier in the week.

"I drive just like your poor dear mother," Charlie told me laughing heartily.

Charlie looked much better yesterday with his hair combed and nice clothes on. You could tell he was just coming from work.

"I hope you can fit two Chick-Fil-A sandwiches into your diet," Charlie said as we walked across my front yard. "I got you lots of Polynesian sauce."

Charlie is a "feeder". He takes great satisfaction out of feeding his friends and family, and making them feel good in turn. It is terrible if you are on a diet which I have about given up on.

"Here's your smokes and a giant Diet Coke from McDonald's," Charlie also said.

"I think the Mags and I can handle two Chick-Fil-A sandwiches in between the cheese eggs for breakfast and the ham sandwiches for lunch," I replied to him.

After Charlie left, I gave the Magster her sandwich sans pickles. She was one happy dog and let me know it feeling quite playful afterwards. Yes, she was feeling her oats.

I wouldn't be surprised if Old Fuss and Feathers was in his bed right now. He said he was getting back Saturday, but I bet they got back last night. It will be good to see him.

No comments: