Monday, March 05, 2018

Medication Checkpoint...

The phone rang this morning just as Maggie was barking her fool head off in the den window. It was my father and it was very early for him to call. Usually, this time of day he is in zombieville. He is a very late sleeper. I am early to bed and an early riser. Dad likes to stay up to 1 AM.

"What's Maggie barking at?" my father inquisitively asked as I moved to the back part of the house to escape the noise.

"A cat ran across the yard," I replied. "You know her and cats."

Papa laughed and said, "You get 'em, girl! You get those pussies!"

"I am going to cook us some lunch at noon and I want you to bring your medications when you come," my father told me. "I am going to make some BLTs."

"Why?" I asked warily. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, Martha," my father replied with a laugh. "I just want to keep you on your toes. Don't you usually take your first dose at noon?"

I answered yes and told him I would be over at noon with medications in hand.

"We are going to get back on track and buy your groceries tonight around 8:30 as well," my father then told me. "And don't you try to back out of it."

8:30 is a terrible time for me, but I didn't complain. I am usually in the bed around 8:30 to 9:00 PM these days. I am going to be buying groceries in a sleepy and muddled haze tonight.

I am crazily craving Nutter Butter cookies this morning. I like to open the package and set them out overnight and they get soft. I then put them all in a big Ziploc bag. They are delectable with a cold glass of milk.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

It’s like your dads having tprandom drug testing... you seem to be doing a good job on your own with the meds...is it helping to take them as prescribed.