Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Salutations From a Very Wet Alabama...

There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank my father for my new Gigabit Internet connection. I haven't enjoyed something so much in years. Everything is so fast as far as downloading and uploading go. He smiles and tells me thank you almost a little bashfully.

It has been pouring rain all morning. I woke up to a brightly lit radar. There was a short break in the rain last hour and I hurried over to my father's house to get my daily pack of cigarettes and two Diet Cokes. Poor Sam. She was sitting on the back porch looking pitifully wet.

"I'd let you inside sweetheart, but I don't know the alarm code," I told her as I let her curl up in my lap for a few minutes.

She is the loudest purring cat and let me know she appreciated this warm respite very much. I then grabbed my giant and wet Ziploc bag of goodies and headed out just as the rain was starting to pick up again. I was glad to be back in my warm and dry home with my warm and content Maggie. I put my two lukewarm drinks in the freezer and set the timer on my stove for 45 minutes. I will absolutely relish those two ice cold sodas in just a few.

There was something missing in my grits this morning and it was butter. I just seasoned them with salt and pepper and they were still mediocre.  I also warmed a raisin bagel and ate it with the cream cheese I purchased last night. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was so hungry I could've eaten Maggie's Purina One.

3 comments:

Rita said...

It is good to use those timers that seem to exist in many places in our lives and homes. I use them for a few things, but the most important is when I have a tea kettle on the stove.

Sharyn said...

If I don't turn on a timer, I will burn down the house!! Sorry Silly Sammy Cat Got Wet. That could be used for speech therapy. LOL Well, I need to get my dinner going. I will be back to read up and chat later!

Summer said...

Tell your father you need the alarm code in case of an emergency.