Sunday, March 18, 2018

"We're gonna get those sons of bitches!" my father said tonight.

"Here's three rattraps and some peanut butter," my father said upon arriving with our Sunday night supper. "I expect you will hear those traps SNAP! in the middle of the night tonight."

I thanked my father profusely as Charlie put my two pot pies and three cookies on top of my entertainment center. It was then time for Charlie to lavish attention upon our Maggie. Maggie will "talk" to Charlie she gets so excited.

"Don't joke around with Charlie," dad then told me cautiously. "He's in a terrible mood tonight and has bitched about everything under the sun."

"Oh, hush John," Charlie then said laughing as he sat on the couch with the Magster.

I immediately got in the kitchen and set the rattraps as my father supervised. Those loud SNAPS! can't come soon enough. I am tired of being awoken by crashes in the kitchen. The SNAPS! will be music to my ears.

Things quieted down around here after the dynamic duo left and I gave Maggie her pot pie which she relished. She will eat the whole thing and not leave a crumb. It makes me feel good for her to get and enjoy such a thing.

No comments: