Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Culinary Side Of Charlie...


The phone rang twice about noon and I called my father back.

"Don't go anywhere before 3:30 PM," my father said. "Charlie is bringing you and Maggie some lunch before he takes Horsefly to the cinema."

Well, this just thrilled me to death. What a welcomed surprise! It was also fortuitous that I haven't eaten lunch yet. I am quite hungry and will be ready for Charlie's arrival.

"What are you up to dad?" I then asked very inquisitively.

"I am about to drive to your sister's house in Alexander City," he told me. "Your sister's in-laws are here and I want to see them."

What my father said sounded so foreign and odd to me. Why would anyone want to drive two hours and visit with their child's in-laws? It struck fear in my heart just thinking about it.

No comments: