Wednesday, March 07, 2018

He's Not All That Bad...

I was sitting at the computer this afternoon when Maggie went apeshit bananas barking and whining. This could mean only two things. Charlie or my father were here. Maggie always had a more female reply to my mother's arrival.

"I thought I would surprise you and Maggie," my father said. "Here are you two Cokes already cold, your cigarettes and some lunch."

I had never seen Maggie happier.

"What did you cook?" I asked my father hungrily and eagerly.

"I cooked your favorite thing," he replied. "I cooked my pork chops and rice."

"There goes my diet," I said with a hearty laugh and then I gave my father a big hug.

Dad sat down for a minute as Maggie intently fawned for his affection.

"We go see Dr. Edwards (psychiatrist) Friday," dad told me. "You can get your two steak biscuits, or is that off the diet?"

"I will eat one instead of two," I said smiling at my father. "We can't get too austere."

Just one will be half my calories for the day.

"Can I run over to the Piggly Wiggly and buy some eggs?" I then asked my father.

"You sure can. Bring the receipt by to me on your way home," my father replied.

I am following Glittermom's advice and am going to eat two eggs every morning for my breakfast. The bagels are already in the freezer.

My father took a look at my medications and felt much better. I had taken my noon dose as planned and my nightly dose was awaiting to be taken.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

We’re still waiting for that recipe. Pork chops and rice.

glittermom said...

I found 2 different recipes, one made with cream of mushroom soup, one made with beef broth. Is either what your dad uses?