Sunday, March 04, 2018

That Biscuit Man Cometh...


Charlie arrived early this morning to my sheer delight. It was nice to see that silver Caprica pull up to the curb.

"Now, here is your requested Diet Coke," Charlie told me also telling me that I didn't look fat.

"You can see it in my face. I am getting jowls," I vainly told Charlie as he laughed. "And my blue jeans are getting tight on me."

I had called him yesterday and requested a Diet Coke instead of a regular Coke as I am on a diet. I had also requested only one biscuit instead of my usual two.

"Where's Maggie?" Charlie then asked worriedly.

Usually, Maggie is at the front door serenading Charlie with furtive barks and whines. She will know Charlie is here before I do and will squeal with joy alerting me to his presence.

"Hold on," I said and I headed to the back door, "Maggie! Charlie is here!"

Something had her completely captivated in the backyard. Maggie came flying in through the dog door in a few seconds and put on quite a grand show for Charlie. Charlie smiled and laughed.

"Yes, I love my Maggie dog too," he told her. "It is amazing she knows my name like that."

"Maggie knows quite a lexicon of words," I said as I proudly bragged on my dog.

"What do you want for your KFC supper?" Charlie asked.

"Get me a two-piece meal original recipe or grilled if they still sell it," I told Charlie. "Surely they won't be out of that."

Charlie was soon on the way to my father's house to deliver his sausage biscuit and senior coffee.

No comments: