Friday, March 30, 2018

The Great Close Out -- Good For Charlie!

A mix and mingle -- how to give me a coronary.
Charlie finally closed on the West Point house and his rental property as well and got what he was asking for them. He was ecstatic. The house had been on the market for years and years. Possibly 10 years. The phone rang thrice, our code, and I called him back. Dad rings twice.

"I would invite you to the party tonight, but I know you wouldn't want to be around all that alcohol," Charlie told me over the phone.

Actually, my social phobias and having to mingle amidst all those people would be my biggest obstacle and fear. I wouldn't worry at all about the alcohol and free-flowing champagne. If I wanted a beer, I could just walk next door and ask George for a few to my father's consternation and not have to deal with the crowd. It is my father's biggest fear about my former alcoholic self. I always have enjoyed drinking alone. Put me in front of a computer and let the beer flow and the music sing.

"What are you going to do with all that money?" I boldly asked the very fiscally secretive Charlie.

"I am going to Walmart and buying the biggest damn TV they have," Charlie replied laughing.

I laughed in turn and told Charlie I would be glad to hook it up for him. He said he was counting on it. That sounded like something I would do! I would also put aside $10,000 to $20,000 and build one helluva kick-ass computer!

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

The ladies and I were just talking about the folks who have to announce things like, "Everyone, this is Andrew, now he's an alcoholic so be sure to watch him!" When you are actually so far past that, you just shake your head and wonder if they even know you. Even WE, your virtual family who has never met you, know how long ago your last beer was. Like my "really close" friend who had no idea I am no longer on facebook....