Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Lean Times at Andrew's Casa...

"These are mine! You've already eaten yours," I told Maggie as she licked her chops at my two scrambled eggs and bacon this morning.

She wolfs her's down so quickly it is a wonder she even tastes it.

I am managing to stick to my diet so far, but I feel hungry all the time. I had the Lean Cuisine spaghetti and meat sauce meal for supper and I was ravishingly hungry by the time bedtime rolled around. I went to sleep hungry. I am trying to forego the honey bun and glass of milk. I put the honey buns in the freezer.

My father stopped by to see me last night after work. Maggie was overjoyed as always to see him. I was quite smitten myself to see him as well. We've had a change in our routines where my father leaves my two Cokes and my cigarettes in a chair on his porch at night. I pick them up in the morning.

"I've got one more dosage of medicine in my blister pack and then I am out," I warned him.

"Let's get in my car and go get another pack I have at the house," my father told me.

"Only if I can drive," I replied.

My father's driving makes me car sick.

It was so good to see Sam my feline buddy. Sam has been under the weather and has been at the veterinarian for a week. She had the kitty version of the flu. Dad knew something was wrong when she quit eating for several days. I had to have a Diet Coke and some caffeine so dad and I sat in the den and talked awhile.

"I deactivated my Facebook account," I told my father.

"What brought this about?" he asked, looking at me wide-eyed.

"I just have trouble seeing the ramifications of my writings and it is such a public place to air your dirty laundry. I worried I would write something about you or Charlie and it would get back to y'all and hurt your feelings."

"Well, it is good you can recognize that," my father replied.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Andrew, do you ever eat fresh fruits or veggies? Maybe you could have a veggie salad with you Lean Cuisine,and a piece of fruit in the evening.

Kran's Crackers said...

I understand, Facebook isn't for everyone. If you don't feel safe there, then it's not for you. I agree with Jane, maybe you can add some vegetables or a salad with the Lean Cuisine? It would fill you up more and might last a little longer to prevent that hunger feeling.
- Sharon -

Berryvox said...

I understand, I never really write about anything revealing on Facebook just because I've seen other people do it and it can be a little cringe-y. Your posts seemed fine to me though.

Sharyn said...

Hi! I have Facebook. I go there once in a blue moon to rant. I used a "fake" name which Zuckerberg hates and I don't care. I keep it mostly for the Messenger feature that I use for a granddaughter and great granddaughter. I also have Skype for 2 more granddaughters, and a private blog for another. You know, Maggie needs a Facebook page, doesn't she? lol (I use my cat's name and pic)