Sunday, June 25, 2017

A Good Deed Done...

I noticed my nosy and goodhearted neighbor, George, was looking out his window to see what I was doing. I was pulling out of my driveway at 2 AM. It made me chuckle a bit. I wondered what stage of inebriation he was in at the moment? I could see the television on.

"Do you work here?" a very short, gray-haired, and elderly lady asked me after I had arrived at my destination.

It so reminded me of my mother, Martha, it was uncanny. She wouldn't hesitate to ask any old person if they worked there.

"No ma'am, but I bet I can help you," I told her. "It is a long walk from here, though."

I showed her the pharmaceutical section which housed what she needed which was allergy relief. She thanked me profusely. I was surprised to see someone her age up so late.

I was just looking tonight. I got lonesome at home despite having the Masgter for company and headed to Walmart. I only saw one employee tonight and he was standing in customer service. I guess he was manning a register as well.

My last stop was out by the interstate. I took a page from George's book when I pulled into the Waffle House to inhale a ham and cheese omelet. Dad will just have to deal and get over the charge on my debit card. The Waffle House was not lacking aswell for business this early in the morning and it took ny waitress quite awhile to bring me my platter.

No comments: