Thursday, June 01, 2017

I Want to Become Entangled With You and Your Life...

I am wooing a certain beautiful lady on Facebook. We know each other from high school and have chatted quite extensively. We are taking things very, very slowly. I assure you this is no ruse for blog fodder and I assure you I am not being misleading to cater to my female readers.

I think she hangs the moon. She, too, is on medications for mental issues so we have both divulged our mental illnesses putting that out of the way well before the relationship may start.

My writings on Facebook lately have been to show her I am kind, intelligent, sensitive, and caring -- a good person to start a relationship or friendship with.

Who knows what can or will happen? At least, we can be friends first and foremost.

Maybe It is Time to Retire Or Maybe Not...

My father had bags under his eyes tonight he was so tired. He came running across my yard under a black umbrella all the while Maggie greeted him at the door. A steady soft rain was falling.

"How was your day?" I asked as he plopped down on the couch.

"It was nonstop mayhem all day. The phone was ringing off the hook and the pharmacy technicians asked me a hundred questions all day long."

"Have you thought about finally retiring for good?" I asked.

"I need the extra income," he told me like a broken record.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

All the money in the world won't help you if it kills you. Maybe he doesn't need all those cars and houses he has. I'm sure he could live very comfortably and enjoy his grandchildren and just relax.

Andrew said...

Well said Glittermom. I couldn't say it better myself.

glittermom said...

But try to get your father to see it...probably not going to happen.