Sunday, June 18, 2017

He's Back in the Saddle...

Move Over Longhorn, Papa's in the Kitchen...

Papa treated himself and I to filet mignons last night. He also prepared blanched asparagus and baked potatoes. He prepared a little lemon juice and mayonnaise emulsion sauce to spoon over the asparagus. It was mighty tasty and delicious. Bonus points in that my delicious filet mignon didn't moo. Dad cooked mine quite a bit longer than his.

I watched as he salted and peppered each side of the two filet mignons. He then coated them in extra virgin olive oil giving them a good rub and massage.  He seared them quickly in a cast iron pan for a few minutes and then finished them in the oven. You could cut those steaks with a butter knife. I would make all the purists scream in horror in that I ate my steak with A-1 sauce.

Homecoming...

You should have seen Maggie last night -- the poor deprived soul. It was the first time she'd seen my father since before he left for San Francisco.

"Can it be?" Maggie looked at me bright eyed and bushy tailed as she then turned to look out the window. "Oh man, I can't believe he is here!"

She erupted into a fit of barking like I've ever seen Maggie bark, and boy did she whine and whimper.

"He's here! He's here! Papa is here!"

Wally World Bound...


I just drove down to Walmart at 4 AM looking for some RCA audio patch cords for my home theater. Specifically, my minidisc player. The warm sound of analog music trumps digital to analog converters any day. They had what I needed, but I didn't see a soul, not one, in the place. I could've walked out with a cart full of groceries and they wouldn't have known. Finally, a squat little black lady was exclaiming "I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I hope you didn't have to wait long" and rushed over to her register.

I also got a 8 pack of universal Energizer rechargeable batteries. I am hoping they will work in my cordless computer mice and my digital camera.

No comments: