Friday, June 02, 2017

Uncharacteristically Rare and Uncommon...


Maggie alerted me that my father had finally arrived. She was bouncing up and off the couch while barking. My little "child" has been feeling her oats today.

"I am so sorry I am so late in getting back," my father told me. "But I have a surprise! Charlie said you were running low on food so I swung by Kroger on the way over here."

Dad had a sack with two cans of Hormel roast beef, a can of beef broth, broiled in butter mushrooms, a carton of sour cream, and wide egg noodles.

"I am going to write down how to make Janice's beef stroganoff," he said. "You can have a good meal tonight or tomorrow."

"Also," Dad said. "I have you plenty of Beefaroni at the house."

We took my medications and then my father was soon underway again.

"I am going to bring your medications at 1 PM tomorrow," Dad said. "It just can't be helped. I have to help your sister in Alex City after lunch and I have no idea when I will be coming home."

I almost asked if Charlie could bring them, but I decided to let sleeping dragons lie.

I had asked my father for his astute common sense about hard-luck Richard and the rides he and his new wife wanted and dad said to quickly run in the opposite direction.

No comments: