Saturday, June 10, 2017

A Delicious Supper and This Morning's Agenda...

Dad called me last night and said he had some supper cooked. He wanted me to come over and eat with him.

The kitchen smelled wonderful when I walked through the back door. Dad had cooked hobos or what is often called hobo stew in some circles. It is just a large foil packet of ground beef or stew beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery -- seasoned and steamed to perfection. Dad makes a sauce of ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire and spoons it over the mixture.

I walked down to the pantry to get some more Cokes because the coat closet had run dry and I saw a can of Hormel roast beef and I also spied a bottle of A-1 steak sauce. I asked dad if I could have them and he said sure. That was going to be my after midnight snack (if I could wait that long and I couldn't).

Let's Get This Guy on a Plane...


As I was leaving last night, dad said for me to call him at 3 AM and make sure he is up. That's an hour before my usual bedtime lately but I will be up quite a bit longer than that this morning. The plane leaves for San Francisco at 7 AM and dad wants to be at the airport plenty early.

"I will pick you up at 4 AM and that will get us to Atlanta's airport at 5 AM," I told my father. "That will give you two hours to get checked in and to make it through security."

2 comments:

amelia said...

Did you make it on time?

Andrew said...

Amelia,

Everything went on time. He should be landing or has already landed in San Francisco soon.